Northwest Teen Parent Connection
The NW Teen Parent Connection (NWTPC) is coordinated by the Northwest Hennepin Family Service Collaborative.
The Northwest Teen Parent Connection is a collaboration of community providers and Hennepin County formed to prevent teen pregnancy and delay a second pregnancy while nurturing success for teen parents and their babies.
Facts about Pregnant Teens
- Teen parents and their children are at great risk for long-term educational failure, poverty and other problems.
- Nearly 20% of the teen parents in Hennepin County live in the northwestern suburbs.
- The cities of Brooklyn Center and Brooklyn Park, combined, have the highest teen pregnancy rate in suburban Hennepin.
- In 2004, there were 328 births to teens in northwest Hennepin County cities. This is 6.1% of all births in Northwest Hennepin County area.
- One-third (32%) of births to teen girls in northwest Hennepin County are to girls ages 15 to 17.
- Two-thirds of teen births are to girl’s ages 18 to 19 years old.
- African American, Asian and Latino teen moms in 2004 were over-represented when compared when compared to their population size in northwest Hennepin.
If you are interested in becoming involved in the NW Teen Parent Connection or for more information, call 763-391-7253.